20 Low-Cost Ways To Spruce Up Your Home
Make your home more appealing for potential buyers with these quick and easy tips.
1. Trim bushes so they don't block windows and cut down on light.
2. Buy a new doormat.
3. Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
4. Put new doorknobs on your doors.
5. Put a fresh coating on your driveway.
6. Edge the grass around sidewalks and trees.
7. Keep your garden tools out of site.
8. Be sure the kids put away their toys.
9. Buy a new mailbox.
10. Upgrade the outside lighting.
11. Use warm, incandescent light bulbs for a homey feel.
12. Polish or replace your house numbers.
13. Clean your gutters.
14. Put out potpourri or scented candles.
15. Buy new pillows for the sofa.
16. Buy a flowering plant and put it in a window you pass by frequently.
17. Make a centerpiece for your table with fruit or artificial flowers.
18. Replace heavy curtains with sheer ones that let more light in.
19. Buy new towels.
20. Put a seasonal wreath on your door.
Reprinted from REALTOR Online Magazine with permission from the National Association of Realtors. Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.